Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Candy Making Day!

Every year for Christmas we make our own chocolates! This is a huge tradition for us! My Grandma has been dipping chocolates for 50 years!! This was my first time actually being there in all the action. I'm not allowed to dip because my Grandma says that I have warm hands, and that will make the chocolate not set up. So I just ran around doing anything I could! But I learned that this tradition is a whole lot of work! I couldn't believe all the tiny details that needed to be met! It made me appreciate even more all those years that my Grandma has put into her favorite hobby! And now she is 83 years old and she is still dedicated! It was a lot of fun! I love you Grandma!

Mom, Aunt Julie and me sampling some chocolate!

Here she is-Grandma the Great!

Chase liked the chocolate too!

Jamie and Angie making sure the chocolates are perfect!

Amber, Mom, Michelle, and Julie






8 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

Yummy. I remember one time when you brought a few in and they we really good but that your hands are too warm to dip.

Tiff and Chris said...

Yum! I wish I could come and make chocolate with you! Looks like a lot of fun...I might have to figure it out and make some!

Unknown said...

How fun! Your family is so fun and creative. You will have to bring a sample to work so we can have some chocolate!!

Crandalls said...

Hey Jessica! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog through Amber's...I was excited to hear where you are in life!

Crandalls said...

By the way...this is Sierra Black/Crandall...I forgot my blog name doesn't really specify!

Kelly & Jamie said...

How fun, and yes making candy is so much work but it looks like fun that you guys all did that together! and what a cute little grandma!

Ben and Lindsay said...

That is a fun tradidion you guys have! I love your sweet grandma! you just have the cutest family!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Chocolate! What a tradition. If you learn from your Grandma you learn from the best. Mrs. See's has nothing over your GMa. Nobody does it like Norma. Julie and your mom are a crack-up. You do have a fun family. I have stories!! Have a great holiday and don't eat too much chocolate. That wouldn't be fair!!!