Monday, February 2, 2009

A Good Friend

So I always do a post about someone that has made a difference in my life and of whom I think greatly of! This time it is August! I have known August for about a year. We are in the same ward. She was the one who really helped me get involved with the ward. She is such an accepting person. The first time that we got together we told each other all our struggles, our problems, hopes and fears and she has never judged me for my mistakes or hard times. She helped me out so much in a time in my life when the days were a little too dark. She understood and gave me some great advice about what I was going through at the time. She has helped me to come out of my shell and to just accept what life has given me and what I can do with it all. I look up to August so much, I am so grateful that she is my friend-I know that she was heaven sent. She came at a time in my life when I needed a friend the most!


3 comments:

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

These days I really cherish my friends....it's hard living in an older ward-most are elderly, but there are a couple families....it seems like everyone is so busy though and so we never really get to know eachother-I have been really frustrated with all of it! I'm sooooo happy you have a trusted friend, cause heaven knows they are definately hard to come by...and it's nice to be close to someone in your ward! You are so lucky!

Tiff and Chris said...

How sweet to have such a good friend to talk to. It makes such a difference. I love your cards too!

Megan said...

It is great to have a good friend around that you can just talk to about anything and everything and that they listen to you, really listen.