Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who Needs Fruit, Vegetables, And Pizza For Lunch When You Can Have a Penny?

Where do I begin! On Saturday morning I was at a meeting for work, as soon as I am pulling into the driveway, Shane calls "Brody just swallowed a penny!" I rush into the house and Brody is just bawling! He was pretending to eat his play ice cream cone and there was a penny inside it that slid into his mouth as he was enjoying non existent food. So we called the emergency room and they did suggested an x-ray. He kept complaining that his tummy hurt, and really wanted the penny out! (I of course explained to him that there really is only one way that the penny would come out, so instantly he went straight to the bathroom and was a little dismayed when nothing happened.) We finally convinced him to go to the Doctor's, but all the while he was so scared of getting a shot, so the tears just kept coming. To make a long story short, we got the x-ray, and he finally felt better after that. Looking back it was actually pretty funny and everyone at Ogden Clinic was super nice, they kept telling us they loved us! (Strange!) But needless to say, we are going to make it through this, and this too, as well as the penny, shall pass!

Look at how traumatized!

He actually smiled when they took a shot of his belly!

The whole family there to support!


And there it is! We have nicknamed him Penny!




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh poor Brody! that is kinda funny though, is this the boy stuff I have to look forwatd too?

Ben and Lindsay said...

Look at Brody's big ears! :-) Poor thing, but it sure is something to smile about!

Jeff Trystal and the kids said...

Ok so i just got my really good laugh in for the day! That is so funny---I am glad that my kids arent the only ones that swallow stuff aka.. a magnetix marble! I am glad all went well and Brody is fine now. I just love him what a cute kid!!!

Unknown said...

OH Jess I'm feeling your pain Ethan went through the same thing. :) Good luck.

Amber Shellabarger said...

LOL! (Not at Brody but at you) Love the "this too shall pass" Not seeing you (ever) makes me forget how funny you are. Feb 27 is the big day! Which probably will mean March
Hey I am running a 5K for Primary Children's in May. You want more info??
I hope Brody is doing well. You should save it like my Mom did with the Nickel my brother swallowed. Of course I think it came out a different end.

Lane Gang said...

That makes a little bit more sense than what Brody was telling me. He was saying something about a rocket... He is so dang cute.

Our Family said...

How is Penny doing today. Kevin really felt for him. He has never done that but he has had a lot of not so fun trips to the doctor. He was also real interested in the x-ray. I hope he is doing okay now.

Leah said...

Poor little guy! My nephew, who's the same age, did the same thing last week. Well, he said he did though they didn't take him in to check. That's a pretty cool x-ray of it.

Candace said...

Oh Jess, that is scary! I'm glad he is ok. I still can't get over how big he is!

Tiff and Chris said...

Oh goodness, poor little guy. I remember being so afraid to go to the doctors because I didnt' want a shot. I feel his pain. He is so cute!